笑話一則
Dear Rufina,
The comments you quoted are very positive about your writing. I can understand your confusion, though. I believe one of the comments should read: "Your story flows well [and] is not dampened [or hindered] by poor sentences or tangents..." Perhaps the sentence now make more sense.
Blessings,
Bruce
Bruce C. Swaffield,
Ph.D.Professor,
School of Communication & the Arts
Regent University1000 Regent University DriveVirginia Beach, VA 23464-9800
Phone: 757.226.4732
Lift your spirit at my devotions website: www.devotionsforlife.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Hoi Chung Fung
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 1:11 PM
To: Bruce Swaffield
Subject: Questions
Dear Dr. Bruce,I would like to seek your advice on the comments about my languageusage. I agree with all the comments, but these two puzzled me: "Yourstory flows well, is not dampered but poor sentences or tangentdetails; every word pushes forward. However...(Peter Dacanay)" and "Yourdescriptions are very good. Your verbs are very good" (Sheryl Finn). Itried to use the formula in writing: active voice and short sentences.If it is something about language usage, I understand and agree thatit is a matter of practice. However, what if it's because Imisunderstand something about writing?Kindly advise, or should I put this into my paper instead? :)
Thanks!
Rufina
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home